Macro Photography 121 full day
£195.00 per person
Location: Various locations depending on the time of year
Max Attendees: 3
Group Pricing: Cost is discounted to £140 each for two participants, and to £120 each for three participants
We will fine-tune the day to meet your particular interests and experience level and we will discuss in advance possible subjects for the day (eg Butterflies, Dragonflies, Flowers etc). We can then choose a suitable location depending on the time of year and what subjects are available at that time.
Macro Workshops are normally run in the summer months from May to September and the tuition lasts for either 3.5 hours or 7 hours and because light is at its best at or around dawn and dusk (and insects are less active and more approachable) we will either start at dawn or finish at dusk. If the weather looks like being unsuitable on the day then I would be happy to postpone to ensure that you get the best from the workshop.
7 hours tuition
1 person - £195
2 people - £280 (£140 each)
3 people - £360 (£120 each)
What you will learn
Other than any specific requests you have I would expect to cover:
- Exposure and metering
- Accurate focussing and field craft to maximise depth of field
- Isolating the subject and selecting harmonious backgrounds.
- Histograms – an essential tool to ensure maximum detail is captured & nothing lost
- Composition – some basic rules to help you obtain a well balanced composition
- Understanding the benefits of shooting in RAW as opposed to jpeg
- Outdoor lighting with reflectors and flash
On the day you will need as much of the following equipment as possible:
- A digital SLR
- A macro lens (if you don’t have one and you use Nikon then you can borrow mine)
- Tripod/Monopod - if we are shooting flowers or insects (early in the morning or late in the afternoon when they are approachable) then we will aim to use a tripod or monopod to maximise image quality (again you can borrow mine if you don’t have one).
- A spare battery and a spare memory card
- Something to eat and drink
- Notebook and pen