Macro Photography 121 half day
£125.00 per person
Location: Various locations depending on the time of year
Max Attendees: 3
Group Pricing: Cost is discounted to £90 each for two participants, and to £75 each for three participants
We will fine-tune the workshop to meet your particular interests and experience level and we will discuss in advance possible subjects for the day (eg Butterflies, Dragonflies, Flowers etc). We can then choose a suitable location depending on the time of year and what subjects are available at that time.
Macro Workshops are normally run in the summer months from May to September. If the weather looks like being unsuitable on the day then I would be happy to postpone to ensure that you get the best from the workshop.
4 hours of tuition
1 person - £125
2 people - £190 (£95 each)
3 people - £237 (£79 each)
What you will learn
Other than any specific requests you have I would expect to cover:
- · Exposure and metering.
- Accurate focussing and field craft to maximise depth of field.
- Isolating the subject and selecting harmonious backgrounds.
- Histograms – an essential tool to ensure maximum detail is captured & nothing lost.
- Composition – some basic rules to help you obtain a well balanced composition.
- Understanding the benefits of shooting in RAW as opposed to jpeg.
- Outdoor lighting with reflectors and flash.
- An introduction to focus stacking.
On the day you will need as much of the following equipment as possible:
- A digital SLR or a camera capable of manual control.
- A macro lens (if you don’t have one and you use Nikon then you can borrow mine).
- Tripod/Monopod - if we are shooting flowers or insects (early in the morning or late in the afternoon when they are approachable) then we will aim to use a tripod or monopod to maximise image quality (again you can borrow mine if you don’t have one).
- A spare battery and a spare memory card.
- Something to eat and drink.
- Notebook and pen.