Portland Bill (4 hours)
£79.00 per person
Location: Portland Bill
Max Attendees: 3
The dramatic seas around Portland Bill make for a great backdrop to the iconic red-banded Lighthouse and Pulpit Rock.
After meeting we will transfer into my car and once on site I will discuss the sorts of techniques I would use. This will include camera settings, focussing techniques, filter choices, bracketing, composition tips, lens choices and depth of field considerations.
Each person can then find their own compositions and practice the techniques and I will move around the group to see how you are getting on, answer any questions and offer any advice.
We will be shooting throughout the afternoon leading up to, hopefully, a colourful sunset over the sea.
Whether you are a beginner or more advanced I am sure that you will find this a very enjoyable workshop. I am used to running workshops of up to 10 people and so I have experience of helping participants of differing abilities including beginners.
The workshop will run from early afternoon to sunset. £79 per person.
What you will learn
Other than any specific requests you have I would expect to cover:
- Taking control and getting the best from your camera.
- Exposure and metering, switching to manual settings.
- Focussing and maximising depth of field.
- Using filters to enhance your photographs.
- Bracketing to achieve greater dynamic range.
- Bring filters if you have them - graduated, long exposure ND filters and a polariser (although most can be borrowed)
- Histograms – an essential tool to ensure maximum detail is captured & nothing lost.
- Composition – some basic rules to help you obtain a well balanced composition.
- Understanding the benefits of shooting in RAW.
On the day you will need as much of the following equipment as possible:
- A digital SLR (preferably) or a camera capable of full manual control
- Lenses with a range of focal lengths including wide angle
- A sturdy tripod if you have one
- Suitable clothing and good sturdy footwear
- Something to eat and drink
- A spare battery and a spare memory card