Bosham & Langstone (4 hours)
£79.00 per person
Location: Idsworth Church, Langstone Mill and Bosham Village
Max Attendees: 3
The Bosham & Langstone workshop will take place at several locations including the little church in a field at Idsworth, the Grade II listed mill on the edge of Langstone Harbour and the picturesque village of Bosham.
After meeting up we will transfer into my car and head off to the first location and once on site I will offer advice on the sorts of images I would be looking to make and I will discuss camera settings, focussing techniques, filter choices, bracketing, composition tips, lens choices and depth of field considerations.
Each person can then find their own compositions and practice the techniques and I will move around the group to see how you are getting on, answer any questions and offer any advice.
We will be shooting throughout the afternoon and evening leading up to, hopefully, a colourful sunset.
Whether you are a beginner or more advanced I am sure that you will find this a very enjoyable workshop. I am used to running workshops of up to 10 people and so I have experience of helping participants of differing abilities including beginners.
The workshop will run for 4 hours, maximum 3 people. £79 per person.
What you will learn
Other than any specific requests you have I would expect to cover:
- Taking control and getting the best from your camera.
- Exposure and metering, switching to manual settings.
- Focussing and maximising depth of field.
- Using filters to enhance your photographs.
- Bracketing to achieve greater dynamic range.
- Histograms – an essential tool to ensure maximum detail is captured & nothing lost.
- Composition – some basic rules to help you obtain a well balanced composition.
- Understanding the benefits of shooting in RAW.
On the day you will need as much of the following equipment as possible:
- A digital SLR (preferably) or a camera capable of full manual control
- Lenses with a range of focal lengths including wide angle
- A sturdy tripod if you have one
- Suitable clothing and good sturdy footwear, bring some wellies.
- A spare battery and a spare memory card
- Something to eat and drink