Capture & Process
£125.00 per person
Location: on location and then your home
Max Attendees: 1
What you will learn
Other than any specific requests you have I would expect to cover:
- Exposure and metering, switching to manual settings.
- Focussing and maximising depth of field
- Filtration - using graduated filters to balance the exposure difference between lighter skies and darker foregrounds. Also polarisers and long exposure filters
- Histograms – an essential tool to ensure maximum detail is captured & nothing lost
- Composition – some basic rules to help you obtain a well balanced composition
- Understanding the benefits of shooting in RAW as opposed to jpeg
- Organising your photos and developing an effective workflow to get more done in less time.
- Get to know suitable settings for many adjustment sliders such as white balance, exposure, contrast, shadows, highlights, black point, white point, vibrance, saturation, noise reduction and sharpening.
- Make your images pop, remove flaws and defects, straighten horizons and crop effectively.
- In short, get the best quality finished photo.
On the day you will need as much of the following equipment as possible:
- A digital SLR
- Lightroom, Photoshop or Photoshop Elements
- Lenses with a range of focal lengths including wide angle (if you use Nikon you can borrow my lenses if you do not have anything suitable)
- A sturdy tripod (essential)
- Whatever filters you have. We will use graduated filters, a polariser and long exposure filters (I can provide all of these if you do not have them already)
- Warm clothing including wellies depending on where we go