Landscape Photography 121 half day
£125.00 per person
Location: Dorset Coast, Hampshire or New Forest
Max Attendees: 3
Group Pricing: Cost is discounted to £90 each for two participants, and to £75 each for three participants
We will aim to visit several locations during the workshop although if you have a particular location in mind then let me know. Otherwise, locations are likely to include the dramatic Jurassic Coast in Dorset, various locations in Hampshire or the beautiful New Forest. I will help you decide on the best locations depending on the weather, time of year and state of the tide etc. You will have plenty of chance to develop and practice the skills which we will learn.
Light is at its best at or around dawn and dusk and so we will either start at dawn or finish at sunset. If the weather looks like being unsuitable on the day then I would be happy to postpone to ensure that you get the best from the workshop.
4 hours of tuition in the field either starting at sunrise or ending at sunset
1 person - £125
2 people - £190 (£95 each)
3 people - £237 (£79 each)
What you will learn
Other than any specific requests you have I would expect to cover:
- Exposure and metering, switching to manual settings.
- Focussing and maximising depth of field
- Getting the best out of the natural light
- Filtration - using graduated filters to balance the exposure difference between lighter skies and darker foregrounds. Also polarisers and long exposure filters
- Bracketing to achieve greater dynamic range.
- Histograms – an essential tool to ensure maximum detail is captured & nothing lost
- Composition – some basic rules to help you obtain a well balanced composition
- Understanding the benefits of shooting in RAW as opposed to jpeg
On the day you will need as much of the following equipment as possible:
- A digital SLR
- Lenses with a range of focal lengths including wide angle (if you use Nikon you can borrow my lenses if you do not have anything suitable)
- A sturdy tripod (essential)
- Whatever filters you have. We will use graduated filters, a polariser and long exposure filters (I can provide all of these if you do not have them already)
- Cable Release (if you have one)
- Warm clothing including wellies depending on where we go
- A spare battery and a spare memory card
- Notebook and pen
- Something to eat and drink