New Forest Landscape Taster Session
£45.00 per person
Location: New Forest, Hampshire
Max Attendees: 10
What you will learn
Other than any specific requests you have I would expect to cover:
- Taking control and getting the best from your camera
- Understanding camera settings and the basics of using your DSLR camera
- Understanding the inter-relation of ISO, aperture & shutter speed.
- Exposure and metering, switching to manual settings.
- Focussing and maximising depth of field
- Getting the best out of the natural light (best times of day to shoot)
- Filtration - getting natural results by using graduated filters to balance the exposure difference between lighter skies and darker foregrounds.
- We will also discuss polarisers and long exposure filters
- Histograms – an essential tool to ensure maximum detail is captured & nothing lost
- Composition – some basic rules to help you obtain a well balanced composition
- Understanding the benefits of shooting in RAW as opposed to jpeg
- A full set of course notes will be e-mailed to you after the day.
On the day you will need as much of the following equipment as possible:
- A digital SLR (preferably) or a camera capable of full manual control
- Lenses with a range of focal lengths including wide angle
- A sturdy tripod
- I will show you how graduated filters, polarisers and long exposure filters work but bring your own if you have some.
- Cable Release
- Warm clothing and good sturdy footwear
- A spare battery and a spare memory card